The air beds are the innovation in the industry of mattresses built to be automatically regulated with ease according to the sleepers’ needs and preferences or adjust the firmness level with a button’s touch. The air beds are the most comfortable and supportive beds, perfect for almost everyone who wants a luxurious and comfortable sleep.
There are plenty of air bed manufacturers, and Sleep Number has decades of experience in the mattress industry. Originally started as the select comfort in 1987, Sleep Number has become an online business and is one of the leading producers of air bed mattresses.
The sleep number has not just limited itself to the typical air beds. Still, it has innovated over time and built some breathtakingly amazing mattresses with more advanced technology in smart mattresses, anti-snoring feature, and sleep tracking attributes as well.
The sleep number beds have given their customers the opportunity of adjusting their beds’ firmness and support level according to their body type and sleeping positions. The sleep number has produced a handful of air bed models amongst the popular air beds on the market. Given its economical price and the comfort it provides this mattress gets full points when it comes to value for money.
Who This Mattress is Perfect For
- The sleep number mattress is perfect for people who want to have an adjustable mattress.
- The sleep number mattress is ideal for people who want different comfort and firmness levels in their Mattress.
- The Sleep Number mattress is best for those who change their sleeping preferences frequently.
- The shoppers with supple budgets might want to go for the Sleep number mattress.
- It is also ideal for people who have unusual sleeping positions and preferences.
- The sleep number mattress is ideal for those who want a variety of air bed mattresses.
All About the Sleep Number Mattress
The most reputable and popular brand creates the sleep number mattress in the market of air bed mattresses. The sleep numbers have created plenty of air bed mattresses with impeccable features and advanced smart technology.
The sleep Number offers two types of sleep number mattresses that are 360Smart Beds and Value Beds. The 360 Smart beds range is further broken down into three more C series, P series, and I Series. The C series or the Classic series is the most basic air beds.
In contrast, the Performance Beds, commonly referred to as P-Beds, is the most popular series with advanced features. Finally, the I-series, the more innovative version of the sleep number mattress. The sleep number mattress is built with air chambers and different thickness of foam layers in different models.
The numbers in the sleep number mattresses are very important and are the deciding factor of the Mattress’s firmness level. Each person’s sleep number matches up to the firmness level setting they would have wanted in their sleep number mattress.
The numbers ranged from 0-100, and the higher the number means the more firmness in the Mattress and the lowest the number means that there will be less air in the air chambers and the sleep number mattress would be softer. The sleep number can be changed, through the remote control provided with the sleep number mattress, at any time with the change in the sleeper’s preferences.
However, the 35-45 are the most common and comfortable numbers for maximum support and pressure relief for sleep number mattress. The sleep number mattress has adjustable firmness models to be a perfect match for all three sleeping positions.
- Mattress Type: Foam Hybrid
- Firmness: Medium-Firm
- Mattress Height: 8 inches
- Warranty: Risk-free, 100-night trial, free shipping & setup, 15-Year warranty.
The sleeping number mattress is amongst the leading mattresses in the air bed mattresses market. The sleeping number mattress has smart, innovative technology with utmost pressure relief and support to the body by setting up the firmness level. Let’s dive into more details of the incredible Sleep number mattress.
Mattress Construction and Composition
The Sleep Number mattress is a hybrid structure constructed with an amalgam of air chambers and foam layers. Each Mattress can have one or two air chambers according to the dissimilar preferences of both sleepers. Underneath the air chamber.
The first layer of all sleep number mattresses is of soft comfort foam and underneath the foam layer rests the air chamber layer that is usually the base layer of all the sleep number mattress models except the Innovation series. Innovation series model of the sleep number mattress has an additional 1 or 2 inches of foam layer that rests on the base.
Feel and Firmness
The sleep number mattress is an air mattress, and the firmness is variable. As we go higher in the sleep number mattress series, it gets softer and plushier with the foam layers. The C series of the sleep number mattress is the most basic amongst all the sleep number models and has 2 inches of the foam layer, and the innovation series models have the softest layers of 7 inches.
The air bed mattress’s sleep number sets the model’s firmness so one sleep number mattress can be set on to the firmer or softer side. It is just firm enough to keep your muscles and ligaments in place and soft enough to not cause cramps after a tough day.
Durability and Edge Support
Air bed mattresses’ main component of each Mattress is its air chamber, and the only solid thing is the foam layer. Hence, the air bed mattress’s durability is not that durable as other foam or innerspring mattresses. However, the sleep number mattresses are praised for their durability and long life. The edge support of the sleep number mattress is somewhat better, and being an air mattress does not sag; however, some sleep number mattress reviews described sinking on the Mattress with sleeper’s weight.
The motion transfer isolation is the key point in any mattress that most sleepers want, and the sleep number mattress offers decent motion isolation. The air chambers, especially the dual air chamber, hold and absorb motions’ transfer to the other side of the Mattress up to a significant level.
All the ranges of sleep number mattress models are fairly cool as they have used minimum foams in their construction. Additionally, the air chambers make it a pretty cool mattress and ideal for hot sleepers. However, it may feel extra cool to many sleepers.
The noise is another important factor when buying any mattress. The sleep number mattress comprises foam layers and air chambers that do not produce any sound. The air chambers’ adjustment can produce some noise in some models; however, overall, the sleep number mattress is the fairly quiet Mattress. You won’t hear any unwanted noises while changing sides or moving on the bed.
Pros and Cons of the Sleep Number Mattress
Like with every one of the best mattresses, as contrasted with similar product choices, there will be benefits as well as drawbacks. The Sleep Number Mattress are no different than the rest of them, regardless of material construction, price point, and more.
If we failed to review this mattress option from every perspective, we would have been neglectful in our unbiased purpose here at Mattress Reviewer. The following are a few of the discovered pros and cons associated with the Sleep Number Mattress.
- The sleep no mattress offers a wide range of firmness options with its three main ranges Classic, Performance, and Innovative series that comes with soft, medium, and firm sleeping surfaces.
- The sleep number mattress comes with an adjustable firmness option with the sleep number setting set as per each sleeper’s penchants.
- The sleep number mattress offers the opportunity to have dual air chambers in one Mattress so that each sleeper can set their firmness level on their side.
- All the models of sleep number mattresses are equipped with sleep tracking data technology that can measure heart rate, breathing, etc.
- Some models of the sleep number mattress feature responsive air technology that uses the sleeper’s tracking data to adjust the support and firmness for the comfort of the sleeper’s
- The sleep number mattress gives extreme comfort to the sleepers who suffer from back pain or physical injurers.
- The sleep number mattress features advanced technology and comes at a very high price that might be unaffordable for many.
- All of the sleep number mattress models are fairly cool Mattresses that might be an issue for many sleepers who might not want to sleep too cool.
- One major complaint of sleep number mattress is with the dual chambers, as with time, they might start sagging in the center.
- The sleep number mattress’ bladder technology has durability problems and starts breaking out sooner than expected.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Sleep Number Mattress
We would be remiss if we failed to answer some of the most commonly-asked questions about this mattress in our Sleep Number Mattress Reviews. For this reason, below are a few answers in our FAQ.
Wrapping Up Our Sleep Number Mattress Reviews
The sleep number mattress is amongst the leading and most selling air bed mattress providers that offer a wide range of sleep number mattress. The sleep number mattress uses advanced, smart, and innovative technology in their sleep bed mattress, making it the choice for many people even after having a high price tag. The sleep number of the sleep number mattress sets the firmness level of the Mattress, and in the dual air chamber mattress, two firmness levels can be set.
The sleep number mattress offers great support and pressure relief to the sleepers, even to those who suffer from extreme back pain or any certain medical condition. The sleep number mattress comes with 25 years of warranty and a 100-night sleep trial that is another amazing attribute of the sleep number mattress amongst many other amazing characteristics. The sleep number mattress uses its responsive technology to set the firmness level automatically so that sleeper can find their body in the most relaxed and pressure-free position.
Other Mattress Options From Sleep Number Mattress
- SLEEP NUMBER p5 SMART BED
- SLEEP NUMBER pSE SMART BED
- SLEEP NUMBER p6 SMART BED
- SLEEP NUMBER i8 SMART BED
Additional Foam Hybrid Mattresses
While the Sleep Number Mattress is a great choice for the best mattress, it’s always good to have alternatives. This is especially true when you spend close to 1/3rd of your life prone on this product. As such, below are a few alternative options.
Interested in getting more information about mattresses, sleep tips, and recommendations for the best possible mattress option? If so, you may be interested in the Mattress Reviewer mailing list. We won’t spam you, and we don’t sell your data. That’s a promise.